
Okay. The cake we will never forget. I'm used to Wilton pans that are already shaped for me and I just star them. Marin saw this one in a Family Fun magazine and really wanted it. Shaping it wasn't that bad. But, then, I put the freezer paper down the wrong way. I'll never make that mistake again. The waxy side that I was supposed to put on top doesn't absorb the grease from the icing. So, since I put it on upside down, the ring that appears to be a "shadow" is actually a ring of grease. Makes you want to eat it right up, doesn't it!?!?! THEN there was the issue of the candles. I put all eight dots there and then realized that it looked like the dog went to the bathroom. Nice.

I had planned to do a really cute Paris party w/ all kinds of fun activities, but Marin wanted it at the jumping place. So, that worked for us - much less work on my part!

Party favors.

So. At some point my wonderful husband had a slight lapse in his normally very logical and sound thinking.....he decided to let our 6 year old carry in the cupcakes. Thankfully, these cupcakes were just extras in case someone couldn't eat the cake (it was strawberry and the cupcakes were vanilla). By the time she got to me, Bennett was carrying the cupcake holder under her arm and all the cupcakes were crammed up in a ball in the corner of the carrier. She had absolutely no idea what had happened.

Reese playing.

Our almost EIGHT year old playing.

Singing.

Fun to have her back w/ all her friends after not seeing some of them much this summer.

Reese and her good friend Ryan

Presents!
No comments:
Post a Comment