Friday, July 16, 2010

Swing and Hawaii

We are finally selling our old swing to make room for a table and chair set outside....the girls love that swing....they take Reese on "roller coaster" rides on it. That is also where I have spent many hours holding Reese in the middle of the night every winter when she has croup...all bundled up w/ blankets. Maybe the end of the swing will also be the end of the croup....

Our church had their big summer family event this week. Our girls love that night...the face painting is their favorite.

Reese wanted her"face" painting of a dolphin on her arm so that she could see it. You would never know that this same child spent about 40 minutes of the 2.5 hours that we were at church crying and basically being insane. The third year has always been rough for our children.....


Tonight was Hawaii night. We had my parents over.....ate some fish, Hawaiian bread, rice, and a BUNCH of fruit. Bennett and Reese helped me make a fruit salad and a fruit dip.




Marin made fruit kabobs for us.



I had told them we would buy them grass skirts....until we went to the party store today and saw that they were about $9 each. I just couldn't bring myself to do that times three. So, I told them that they could buy the 99 cent head pieces and we could go to Texas Burger for lunch. Everyone was happy. But, they did come home and make their own versions of grass skirts...












No comments: